The Ralph Sadleir Academy Trust is a charitable company limited by guarantee (the liability of the members is set at £10 in the model Articles of Association).
The Trust has two layers of governance.
The members / directors, who operate at a strategic level with ultimate control over the direction of the Academy Trust, and the governors with responsibility for day-to-day management and operation of the Academy Trust.
The Members / Directors
All members of the Ralph Sadleir Academy Trust are directors. The Board of Directors meet three times per year.
The functions of the members / directors of the Academy Trust include:
– Overseeing the achievement of the objectives of the company.
– Taking part in Annual and Extraordinary General Meetings.
– Appointing some of the governors.
– Signing off the company’s financial accounts and annual report.
– Power to amend the Articles of the company and, ultimately, to remove the governors/directors.
– Overall, members usually have much more limited practical involvement in the management of the company than the governors.
The current legal composition of the Ralph Sadleir Multi Academy Trust (MAT) is as follows:
|Categories||Directors / Members||Currently in Post||Governors||Currently in Post|
All Directors/Members are Governors and therefore attend both Board of Directors and Local Governing Body meetings.
Governors are volunteers with fixed terms of office for 4 years, after which they must be re-elected or re-appointed. There must be an election for the Chair of the Board of Directors and the Local Governing Body every year.
Governance of the school is supported by the Company Secretary and the Governance Clerk.
There are currently 3 vacancies for co-opted governors. If you are interested to become a governor at Ralph Sadleir School, please email the Chair of the Board of Directors, Mrs J Tye at email@example.com