David Jones Memorial Prize
David Jones was the Deputy Headteacher at Ralph Sadleir from 1971 – 2002.
The prize is awarded at the end of each academic year to a girl and boy in Year 8 in recognition of their commitment and service to the community and spirit of Ralph Sadleir School.
In July 2019, the David Jones Memorial Prize was awarded to:
- L. Kerner
- J. Foggin
House Cups and Trophies
When pupils start their journey at Ralph Sadleir School, they join one of our four Houses. Each House has their own team colour:
- Salisbury – Yellow
- Sadleir – Red
- Wellington – Blue
- Freman – Green
Throughout the school year, each House wins points by participating in a host of activities and the House with the most points at the end of the academic year is awarded the House Cups.
House Cups are:
- Ralph Sadleir Achievement Cup: Pupil’s earn merits throughout the academic year for their achievements and the House with with the highest number of merits wins this cup.
- Prince Cup: This cup was donated by a member of staff on retirement having worked for the school for many years. This cup is awarded for inter-house events such as Music, poetry,
- Findlay Cup: Pupil’s take part in many inter-house sporting events such as football, netball, cricket, rugby etc. The house with the highest number of points wins this cup.
- Shore-Nye Sheild: This shield is in remembrance of Mrs Shore-Nye who worked for many years leading the school’s Modern Foreign Languages Department. The Shore-Nye Shield is awarded to the KS3 pupil who has overcome adversity and barriers to learning; kept smiling and working hard throughout the academic year.
- Hinton Award: This award was donated by Mrs Hinton, Headteacher on retirement having worked at the school for many years. The award is given to the KS2 pupil who has shown real grit and determination to overcome challenges throughout the academic year.
At the end of the summer Term 2019, the winners of the shields were:
Shore-Nye Shield – L. Milne
Hinton Award – A. Ross