David Jones Memorial Prize
David Jones was the Deputy Headteacher at Ralph Sadleir from 1971 – 2002.
The prize is awarded at the end of each academic year to a girl and boy in Year 8 in recognition of their commitment and service to the community and spirit of Ralph Sadleir School.
In July 2018, the David Jones Memorial Prize was awarded to:
- L. Nicholson
- B. O’Hara
House Cups and Trophies
When pupils start their journey at Ralph Sadleir School, they join one of our four Houses. Each House has their own team colour:
- Salisbury – Yellow
- Sadleir – Red
- Wellington – Blue
- Freman – Green
Throughout the school year, each House wins points by participating in a host of activities and the House with the most points at the end of the academic year is awarded the House Cups.
House Cups are:
- Ralph Sadleir Achievement Cup: Pupil’s earn merits throughout the academic year for their achievements and the House with with the highest number of merits wins this cup.
- Prince Cup: This cup was donated by a member of staff on retirement having worked for the school for many years. This cup is awarded for inter-house events such as Music, poetry,
- Findlay Cup: Pupil’s take part in many inter-house sporting events such as football, netball, cricket, rugby etc. The house with the highest number of points wins this cup.
- Shore-Nye Sheild: This shield is in remembrance of Mrs Shore-Nye who worked for many years leading the school’s Modern Foreign Languages Department. The Shore-Nye Shield is awarded to the KS3 pupil who has overcome adversity and barriers to learning; kept smiling and working hard throughout the academic year.
- Hinton Award: This award was donated by Mrs Hinton, Headteacher on retirement having worked at the school for many years. The award is given to the KS2 pupil who has shown real grit and determination to overcome challenges throughout the academic year.
At the end of the summer Term 2018, the winners of the House Cups were:
Prince Cup for inter-house events – Salisbury House
Findlay Cup for inter-house Sports – Sadleir House
Ralph Sadleir Achievement Cup – Sadleir House
Shore-Nye Shield – D. Lowrie
Hinton Award – I. Ruffles
Sporting Competition Winners
The many achievements in sporting events for 2017/18 were:
- U11 boys football District runners up
- U11 girls district 7 a side football runners up
- U11 mixed District tag rugby semi finalist
- U11 girls District table tennis team competition runners up
- U11 boys District table tennis team competition runners up
- U13 girls District table tennis team competition Winners
- U13 boys District table tennis team competition Winners
- U11 mixed District speed stacking competition runners up
- U11 mixed District basketball 4th place
- U12 girls District basketball runners up
- U13 boys County Table tennis team competition 3rd place
- U13 girls County Table tennis team competition 4th place
- U11 District sports hall athletics team competition 3rd place
- U11 boys District Kwik cricket runners up
- U11 girls District Kwik cricket winners
- U11 girls County Kwik Cricket 3rd place
- U13 Lady Taverner’s girls indoor cricket runners up
- U13 girls County cricket 3rd place
- U13 girls BS District rounders 3rd place
- U12 girls District Futsal Winners
- U12 girls County Futsal 4th place
- U12 boys BS District plate football semi finalists
- U13 boys BS District Cup semi finalists
- U13 girls BS District Netball winners
- Ralph Sadleir entered an U13 team for the BS District athletics competition where they achieved 3rd place in Girls Javelin, triple jump and Shot
- Ralph Sadleir had several U11 pupils represent the North Herts District football team
- Ralph Sadleir had several U13 pupils represent us as part of the combined Freman Athletics team in the County League.