At Ralph Sadleir School, we recognise that young people achieve more when their school, their parents/carers and they, as pupils, are working together. This partnership is a cornerstone of our whole approach; it will be based upon trust, mutual respect, communication and understanding.
Parents are expected to support their child(ren) by:
- Working with the school to achieve its aims and reinforce its ethos.
- Ensure their child attends regularly, on time, properly equipped and wearing correct school uniform.
- Support school policies; especially the Positive Behaviour and Restorative Practice Policy.
- Notify the school on the each day their child is absent.
- Informing the school of any circumstances which may affect their child’s progress.
- Attend regular parent consultation events to discuss their child’s academic and social progress.
- Support their child with their homework and other learning opportunities, including listening to their child read aloud regularly.
- Be supportive of our school in the local community.
- Communicate regularly with staff via the school planner.