FUNDING 2014 – 15
Schools receive PE and Sports Premium funding based on the number of pupils in Key Stage 2. At Ralph Sadleir School this was:
|Year||Number of Pupils|
From September 2013, the government has allocated funding directly to schools to support the provision of quality PE and school sport. Each school receives £8,000 plus an additional £5 per Key Stage 2 pupil per annum. This is paid in two instalments to the school; November and May annually.
The PE and Sports Premium Ralph Sadleir School received was:
|Year||Lump Sum||Per Pupil||Total||Funding School Receives in November||Funding School Receives in May|
AREAS OF EXPENDITURE 2014 – 15
To achieve best value and maximise the impact for our pupils, at Ralph Sadleir School the expenditure for 2014 – 15 was:
- To contribute along with other schools from the Rib Valley Area Schools’ Partnership, £5,000 to the employment of a School Sports Co-ordinator. This gives the school a package of in-school support and training for both pupils and staff which will facilitate further learning in, and through, PE and School Sport and enable a full calendar of increased participation and competitions on a local, district and county basis in a wide range of sports.
- To improve the quality of PE and school sport by investing £1,232 in equipment that will allow us to deliver a broader range of sports and activities to our pupils.
- £549 to access to the North East Herts School Sport support programme and national governing body i.e. English Schools Football Association. This involves training, for both staff and pupils, and allows us access to a range of events including non-competitive and tiered competitions at school level and beyond.
- £80 to continue to develop our extra-curricular programmes, including raising activity levels and achieving success in the School Games events across Key Stage 2.
- £511 to further promote and develop swimming to Year 5 pupils, including advancing their swimming skills and participating in competitive school and local swimming competitions.
- £218 to provide additional sports instructors to assist pupils to undertake new learning experiences at Hertfordshire Outdoors Education Centre such as Bell Boating, Dinghy Sailing, Rafting, Windsurfing, Caving, Fencing, Orienteering.
- £500 to facilitate schools within the Rib Valley Area Schools’ Partnership utilising the school facilities by hosting local sporting events.
- £755 to develop the After School Clubs at Ralph Sadleir School such as visits from a Great Britain Fencing Champion and the introduction of a Fencing Club.
- Within the Grounds Maintenance Contract playground markings were developed for Year 5 pupils to encourage pupils to be physically active during lunch and play times and to link PE to other areas of the curriculum.
The total expenditure for 2014-15 was £8,835.
- Supporting greater confidence in planning and delivery of high quality physical education in our linked partnership First Schools leading to improved PE and Sport outcomes for pupils.
- Increased participation, activity levels and competition in PE and school sport so that all pupils develop healthy lifestyles (Emphasis on positive attitudes towards Healthy, Active Lifestyles).
- Continue to develop our extra-curricular programmes, including raising activity levels, and achieving success in more of the School Games events.
- Further development of our Sports Leaders through school-based Sport Education style activities, First school festivals and competitions.
- Enhanced school-club links and further develop exit routes for participation, progression and excellence.
- Improved experience of PE and Games due to improved equipment.
- Access to festivals and competitions (Intra-school, inter-school and School Games county finals).
Listed below is a selection of our competition success:
- NEHSSP District Tag Rugby – U11 mixed teams 3rd place
- NEHSSP U11 9 a side football – Year 6 runners up
- NEHSSP U11 7 a side football – Year 6 3rd place
- NEHSSP U11 girls 7 a side football – Year 5/6 Winners
- NEHSSP District Futsal – U12 girls runners up
- Wix U11 girls 7 a side football – County Quarter finals stage
- NEHSSP District Table tennis – Year 6 boys 2nd place
- NEHSSP District Speedstacking – U11 mixed team 4th place
- NEHSSP District High 5’s netball – U11 mixed team 4th place
- NEHSSP District Cross Country – 7 Girls Runners up (Team Category)
- NEHSSP Sports hall Athletics – Year 5/6 mixed 3rd place
- NEHSSP U11 mixed District Basketball – Year 6 3rd place
- NEHSSP District Kwik Cricket – Boys A Team 3rd place, B Team 6th place
- NEHSSP District Girls Kwik Cricket – U11 girls Winners
- Herts County finals U11 girls Kwik Cricket – U11 girls
- Freman Rounders Festival – Year 5 runners up in both groups
PROJECTED EXPENDITURE 2015-16
Please find the projected expenditure for 2015-16 below:
PE and Sport Premium has been extended for a further five years from September 2014. Ralph Sadleir School will be receiving £8,810 for 2015 – 2016 based on 162 Key Stage 2 pupils. This will assist to further promote healthy lifestyles for pupils, getting them active and enjoying sport.