SEVERE WEATHER PROCEDURES:
In the event of severe weather a decision regarding school closure will be made by 6.30am by the Headteacher to ensure the health and safety of all pupils and staff.
The following arrangements are put in place:
- A prominent message will be put on the school’s website, Facebook and Twitter account.
- An email and text message will be sent to all parents and staff who have registered with the school’s Parentmail system.
- Parents who do not have internet access and have not registered with Parentmail will receive a telephone call from a member of staff.
- BBC Three Counties Radio (103.8 / 92.1 FM or 630 MW /1161 MW) will be informed and will announce the closure at regular intervals.
- Where possible information will be published on the school gate.
- Bus and taxi companies will be informed where possible.
- If possible, a member of staff local to the school will come to the school to inform any pupils or parents who arrive at the school that the school is closed.
The Headteacher follows Hertfordshire School Closure Notification System so that updated information regarding school closures throughout Hertfordshire is available at www.hertsdirect.org
Parents should check Parentmail, the school website, Facebook, Twitter and their telephone for a message before contacting the school office.