Depending on the year group, each tutor group will take part in either one or two ‘Thoughtful Days’ each week. Here they will have the opportunity to think about, discuss or write about various interesting topics. Each of the activities is carefully designed to encourage the students to think and to develop various skills. Each activity will fall under one or more of these themes.
- Study skills
- Developing multiple intelligences
- Inspirational/ motivational quotes
- Thinking skills
- Developing aspiration and/or progression
- Current affairs and the world around us
- Developing communication skills
If you would like more information about tutor time activities please contact Miss Dobson.
Here is a selection of the topics and tasks that each group are given to discuss.
* What would you like to aim for in Year 5? More confidence? Improve on a subject? Join more clubs?
* List ten positive things that make you a special individual.
* Looking towards Year 6, what would you like to achieve or improve?
* Write your name in a creative way using plants and animals to form the letters.
* Invent a superhero.
* Draw a mind map showing all the things that make you happy.
* Using pictures of British Sign Language finger spelling alphabet, spell your own name and sign a message to a partner.
Year 7 and Year 8
* What impression are you making? Do you see yourself as others see you? More importantly, is it how you want to be perceived?
* Goals for the year. Make a list of all the things that you want to achieve this year.
* What are your favourite things – not expensive gifts or possessions, but simple things like nature or a feeling.
* Creative Test – Draw pairs of circles, leaving a gap between each pair. Now draw around them so that the pairs of circles become part of your drawing.
* What changes would you like to see in the world? What would need to be done to make these changes a reality? What would you need to do to make these changes happen?