Free School Meals
Ralph Sadleir School would encourage any parents who feel that they may be entitled to Free School Meals to take up that provision. If you are unsure about your eligibility the school office would be happy to help you establish whether you would be eligible.
Your registration for Free School Meals will only be known to the school so we know not to request payment for lunches from you. It will not affect how your child’s lunch pattern is recorded.
Please contact the school office if you think you are in receipt of any of the following benefits and may therefore be eligible:
- Income support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income (as assessed by HM Revenue & Customs) that does not exceed £16,190
- Working Tax Credit ‘run-on’ – the payment someone may receive for a further four weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
For more information, or to apply for free school meals, there are a number of sources of information available.
- The Hertsdirect webpages at www.hertsdirect.org/freeschoolmeals
- Online application form: www.hertsdirect.org/ufs/ufsmain?formid=HCWH
- Smartphone – just search the app store for Lookinglocal
- Wii/Xbox/PS3 games consoles – www.lookinglocal.gov.uk/hertsdirect
- The Customer Service Centre on 0300 123 4048 (lines are open Monday to Friday 8am to 8pm, and Saturday 9am to 4pm)
Please click here to go to our Ralphies – The Place to Eat web page.